Here is something special that you can cook this weekend, a delicious Vegan Lasagne!
Follow this recipe put together by Justine Pattison, one of the UK’s leading cookery writers and food stylists.
A vegetable-packed vegan lasagne made with dairy-free white sauce. It freezes brilliantly and makes the perfect vegan comfort food.
Each serving provides 470 kcal, 16g protein, 61g carbohydrate (of which 15g sugars), 16g fat (of which 2g saturates), 8g fibre and 0.4g salt.
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 small aubergine, cut into roughly 1.5cm/⅝in dice
- 1 medium courgette, cut into roughly 1.5cm/⅝in dice
- 1 red pepper, seeds removed, cut into roughly 1.5cm/⅝in dice
- 250g/9oz small chestnut mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100g/3½oz dried red split lentils
- 2 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning or dried oregano
- 1 tsp sugar, any kind
- 1 vegan vegetable stock cube
- 150g/5½oz fresh young spinach leaves
- 9–10 dried lasagne sheets (ensure they are egg-free)
- salt and ground black pepper